The PPs Biology Education Study Program, State University of Malang was opened based on the following thoughts and considerations:
- The development of natural science and technology is fast; and in the last few decades, the integration of the basic sciences has placed biology at the forefront of the natural science family.
- Experts observe that education in natural sciences and mathematics, including biology in schools, really needs to be addressed and handled professionally so that it is in line with the development of natural science and technology.
- The capacity of natural science education experts needs to be improved immediately to fix and handle natural science education including biology in schools. Without professional treatment, these symptoms can certainly endanger the development of natural science itself.
- Regardless of other factors, the main cause of the decline in natural science education above tends to be due to the lack of expertise of natural science education personnel. Efforts to improve the capacity of teaching staff in the natural sciences should be the main responsibility of the Educational Personnel Education Institute.
- The educational personnel referred to are education experts in the field of study who in addition to mastering the subject matter of their field of study well, also have expertise in educational sciences in a broad sense. Starting from this thought, there is a very high urgency to organize a biology education study program above the SI level, with the aim of preparing biology education experts who have the ability and intellectual skills to implement and develop their fields of expertise in accordance with scientific principles.
Become a superior education doctoral study program and become a reference in the implementation of higher education tridharma in the field of biology learning.
- Organizing student-centered biology education and learning using an effective learning approach and optimizing the use of technology.
- Carrying out research in the field of biology education whose findings are beneficial for the development of science and the welfare of society.
- Organizing community service in the field of biology education that is oriented towards community empowerment.
- Organizing an accountable and transparent system of guidance for doctoral biology education programs that ensures continuous quality improvement.
- Producing doctors who are intelligent, religious, have noble character, independent, and able to develop professionally in carrying out learning in the field of biology and biology education for S3, S2, S1, Diploma and school levels.
- To produce scientific works and creative works that excel in the field of biology education.
- Producing community service works in the field of biology education to create an independent, productive, and prosperous society.
- To produce quality, effective, efficient, transparent and accountable performance of biology education doctoral program in the implementation of the tridharma of higher education.
COMPETENCE OF GRADUATES
Graduates of PPs UM Biology Education are expected to have the competence to carry out the following tasks.
- Carry out learning in the field of biology and biology education at the S3 Program and program levels below.
- Improve the abilities of biology lecturers and biology teachers at all levels of education.
- Carry out research and development in the field of biology and biology education at all levels of education.
The profile of graduates from the biology education doctoral study program is an educator or researcher who is able to develop theories, solve problems in interdisciplinary, multidisciplinary or transdisciplinary ways, manage research, and produce national or international innovative work in the field of education and learning biology education.
- Be devoted to God Almighty and able to show a religious attitude.
- Upholding human values in carrying out duties based on religion, morals and ethics.
- Contributing to improving the quality of life in society, nation, state, and advancement of civilization based on Pancasila.
- Acting as citizens who are proud and love the country, have nationalism and a sense of responsibility to the state and nation.
- Respect the diversity of cultures, views, religions and beliefs, as well as the original opinions or findings of others.
- Work together and have social sensitivity and care for the community and the environment.
- Obeying the law and discipline in social and state life.
- Internalizing academic values, norms and ethics.
- Demonstrate an attitude of responsibility for work in their field of expertise independently.
- Internalizing the spirit of independence, struggle, and entrepreneurship.
CP The Characteristics of the Biology Education Doctoral Study Program, State University of Malang
11. Prioritizing aspirations, developing awareness, and developing capabilities together with the principles of hone, love, nurture
12. Become a lifelong learner.
- General Skills
- Able to discover, create, and make new contributions to the development and practice of science and / or technology that pays attention to and applies the value of the humanities in their field of expertise, by producing value-added design work, prototypes, or technological innovations or can be used to solve problems based on thinking logical, critical, creative, and wise.
- Able to compile scientific conceptions and results of studies on their work based on scientific principles, procedures and ethics in the form of a dissertation, and papers that have been published in accredited national journals or accepted in international journals or works presented or exhibited in international forums.
- Able to choose research that is appropriate, current, most advanced, and provides benefits to mankind by including economic aspects through an interdisciplinary, multidisciplinary or transdisciplinary approach, in order to produce solutions to technological problems in relevant industries, or art.
- Able to develop technology or art development strategies with an interdisciplinary, multidisciplinary, or transdisciplinary approach, based on a study of the main research objectives and their constellation on broader targets.
- Able to compile scientific, technological or artistic arguments and solutions based on a critical view of facts, concepts, principles or theories that can be scientifically accountable and academic ethics, and communicate them through the mass media or directly to the public.
- Able to show academic leadership in the management, development and guidance of resources and organizations under their responsibility.
- Able to manage, including storing, auditing, securing, and retrieving data and information from research results that are under his / her responsibility.
- Able to develop and maintain collegial and collegial relationships within one's own environment or through collaborative networks with research communities outside the institution.
CP General Skills for Doctor of Biology Education Study Program, State University of Malang
9. Able to master digital literacy and its application in biology education.
10. Able to be a source of learning.
Graduates of the Biology Education Doctoral Program have the following knowledge:
- Have a strong mastery of biological scientific philosophy as a foundation for the development and creation of new teaching materials in biology education.
- Have mastery of theoretical philosophy and didactic skills.
- Have the ability to understand students and the basic principles of education.
- Able to develop and discover concepts of biology and biology education through research to produce creative, original, and proven work to improve the quality of the process and learning outcomes according to problems in laboratories, classrooms, schools and colleges.
CP Knowledge Characteristics of Master of Biology Education Study Program, State University of Malang
5. Able to develop and discover biology concepts, educational concepts and learning technology through research, to teach biology learning in future-oriented schools and universities, based on life skills (life skill) 21st century and local potential and wisdom.
- Special skill
- Able to solve biology problems and biology education through inter, multi, and transdisciplinary approaches
- Able to manage, lead, and develop biology research and development and biology education that is beneficial to the benefit of mankind, and is able to get national and international recognition.
CP Special skills for Doctor of Biology Education Study Program, State University of Malang
3. Able to develop and create specific pedagogy to teach the concept of biology by considering the characteristic characteristics of the concept and pedagogy
right through the approach science spirituality as implementation tecnological pedagogical content knowledge (TPCK).
4. Having the ability to act as a professional biology educator in schools, diploma, bachelor, master, and doctoral levels.
5. Able to create biology learning models at the school and university level based on local potential and wisdom.